Are you thinking about how to sell a house by owner in Tucson this year? You aren’t alone! Every day, over a hundred properties come on the Tucson MLS every day. Every day, even more sell.
Over my 23 years as a Realtor and Investor in the Tucson area, I always meet Tucsonans who are thinking about selling their homes by owner. Many times, it’s just simple questions, sometimes more complicated.
One thing is for sure, It’s not new, and over the years, the tools to sell your home for sale by owner have only improved.
Today, I would like to share with you 8 basic tips that you can use before sell a house by owner in Tucson. As I mentioned before, I am a Real Estate Broker as well as an investor, so I use these tips too! (so I’m not telling you something I don’t do myself!)
Hopefully, these tips will help you maximize your opportunity, your profits, as well as give you the best chance to close without having to use a Realtor! Let’s dive in!
1. Understand Pros & Cons
First, you want to understand some of the basic “Pros and Cons” about selling your property by owner in Tucson.
Let’s start with the “pros” of selling your property by owner in Tucson
- You control the marketing and exposure
- You control the access.
- You “avoid” paying a commission.
- You have reduced exposure
- You have limited access to qualified buyers.
- You end up losing more in negotiations
2. Set A Competitive Price
- Get a market analysis from MLS agent.
- The Value is DIFFERENT from what Zillow and MLS Say.
- There are concessions and repairs in those prices
- Leave a little “Meat on the Bone!”
3. Prepare Your Home For Sale
- Repair Or Sell “As Is”?
- Make minor repairs and cleaning
- Odors and Images
4. Invest In Marketing & Promotion
- Market your property on social media
- Use video, photo, and experience!
- A correct price is the best promotion
5. Offer A Cooperation Fee
- Understand that agents deal with buyers
- Know how the “cooperation fee” works
- Offer a cooperation fee that is competitive
6. Qualify Buyer With Local Lender
- The biggest problem you will have is unqualified Buyers
- Don’t rely on the buyer to be honest
- You have a right to talk to their lender
- Or have them talk to your lender
7. Use A Local Escrow Agent
- Escrow agents are neutral third parties
- Escrow And Title offers title search and insurance for both parties
- You don’t have to be present, they do “remote closings.”
8. Sell Direct To Karl Buys Houses
Some people are concerned when dealing with a Broker who is also an investor that they aren’t going to be able to sell their home for the amount they want, or they are concerned about “listing their home.”
If you have an unwanted home in the Tucson area that you want a fast, fair, free offer on then I encourage you to contact me today!
Use the form below to tell me about your unwanted property. I will give you a market analysis that will be accurate, and will help you. Additionally, I will give you a no obligation offer on your property.
If it works for you, then great! We will open escrow and close when you need.
If not, simply keep my offer in your records, for another day.
Simply pick up the phone and text me directly or call me at (520) 403-6227 or fill out the form below!